Monday, February 7, 2011

Raze's Hell


Raze’s Hell is a disturbingly cute game with a gruesome twist.  It was released in 2005 for the Xbox.
The story of the game goes like this... The Kewletts are a race of overwhelmingly cute creatures that want to make the whole world cute by getting rid of anything ugly by any means necessary.  Raze is an ugly demonic looking fellow that is the sole survivor of his village after it is attacked by the Kewletts.  Now he wants revenge on the Kewletts. 
The gameplay is third person shooter action but it is brutally against cuteness.  Raze has several attacks that he can use to splatter the Kewletts into chunky bits.  Raze can then inhale the giblets to regain health.
The game is full of humor as the Kewletts yell out hysterical phrases throughout the game like “Where are you going?  We’re saving you from your horrible icky ugliness!”   There are also cute little news breaks that take place between levels that give the player a good laugh at the abundance of cuteness and optimism the Kewlettes give off.
Overall Raze’s Hell will leave the player laughing as they gun down cuteness in various forms.   If you are out to get revenge on cute fluffy critters this is the game for you.

3 comments:

  1. This game sounds like something my friend would enjoy and laugh histerically over. Its very intersting how the cute guys are "evil." The gameplay sounds entertaining and comical, which is good for games and lacking in some mainstream games today.
    I am very interested in what you put in this blog. I am studying Computer Science Entertainment Arts and making weird games sounds like a lot of fun. So keep the weird games coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I play alot of video games myself, and Raze Hell must of just fell through the cracks for me because I have heard it about it before.

    I do suppose back in 2005, I only had a PS2, so that may have something to do with it.

    I echo Vermililon's sentiments. Keep writing about these obscure games. I'm defintly interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you review old school games too! It's so hard now that graphics improve so fast that playing classics is almost hard to go back to once you've tried the new games.

    @Alex this one slipped past me too for the same reason. That and when I only had my ps2 all I wanted to do was replay final fantasy games :D

    ReplyDelete