Monday, February 28, 2011

De Blob


De Blob was originally for the Nintendo Wii and released in 2008.  This month it got a sequel for multiple consoles.  De Blob is about a city that has been taken over the monochromatic INKT Corporation and they have forbidden all color, music, and happiness.  It is the player’s job to bring color and joy back to the world by splattering colorful paint all over the buildings and citizens.   The music in the game responds to the color of paint currently absorbed and gets a funky mix for each color.
Gameplay is based on the player absorbing different colors of paint then rolling and bouncing around the city spreading it around.  As the player paints the different buildings the city becomes happier and citizens are released into the streets to be colored.  For all the efforts points are awarded.  But the player has to watch out for INKT forces as they will stop at nothing to keep the city from being colored.  If the player is inked the player will lose points and all will be lost if the points reach 0.  All this has to be done within the time limit as well before the stage can be completed.
All in all this is a great game that will keep the player trying to paint the entire stage and free all the greydians all while enjoying a funky soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. I'm taking Intro to Video Games class this semester (I love it) and this game looks like a lot of fun. I get to play some games I've never played before, and this fits the bill.

    I can't wait to see what other games you blog about. I can already feel myself becoming more of an active gamer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a game that has been peeking my interest for the last couple years. But for some reason I haven't been able to bring myself to play it yet. Perhaps you've finally convinced me to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete